Monday, June 06, 2016

2016 Week 23 Recap: Happy Birthday, Kiddos!

May 30 - June 5, 2016

Work

All of us are really just trying complete everything before the big launch. Aside from the final stages of testing, we still have the reports to finalize. Deployment planning meetings are more frequent nowadays too. I just can't wait for this to be completed. Maiiyak siguro ako pag natapos na ito hahaha!

Travel

I received a call from Discovery Tour last Monday, informing me that my NSO-issued birth certificate is not readable enough so they were requesting me to submit even a certified true copy from my local registry. Good thing that I still have extra copies of the one my father requested for me more than a decade ago (as in January 2001). I asked if that was ok and they said yes so I sent it over last Wednesday. I did not receive any other calls so I'm assuming that the copy I sent would work. Still crossing my fingers that our visas will be approved.

Up next, my friend and I would need to finalize our itinerary so that we can start searching for the most economical train tickets to buy. My boss mentioned before about JR pass and that might work for us depending on our itinerary. Research, research, research! Am I excited? Mixed emotions, to be honest hehehe. But I'm sure I'll enjoy this trip no matter what.

Weekend

Our former colleague's kids turns 1 and 3 this June and so they had a combined birthday party, which a friend and I attended on Saturday, just so we have something to do on a weekend hahaha! Plus, the event was near our apartments so dyahe namang mag-no pa di ba? My friend and I met first at Shang to buy gifts. Thanks to an ongoing sale at Osh Kosh, we were able to buy cute dresses for 50% off and 30% off. We decided on "group gift" so we just split the total amount. Hay buti na lang. Medyo nakatipid ako don, pero yung naitipid ko, ipinanood namin ng sine after the children's party hehehe.

Realizations during the party:
  • We also need to be bibo as parents because we need to help our children during games hahaha
  • Hats off to the dads who were game to participate in one of the games. Pinasayaw pa sila nung host at wala lang, parang normal na lang sa kanila hehehe. Aliw.
  • Parang gusto ko na rin ng anak. Nuninuninuninu! :p

And speaking of children's party, may isa pa akong pupuntahan sa July naman hehehe.

We went back to Shang at around 6:30 PM to watch The Nice Guys. It's a comedy film and it did not fail to make us laugh. Also, I have a lot of "anong katangahan yan?!!!" moments hehehe. We went home after the movies. 

I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with this friend because by God's grace, she may be leaving for the US later this year. I'm praying that her and her fiance's plans and application be granted. She deserves it. But before that, I hope we can also go back to Caramoan. We went there in 2012 and it was just so beautiful and untouched that we greatly enjoyed everything about the place despite being scammed by the promo we got from one of the groupon sites. Can't remember anymore which site was that. Sana matuloy.

I went to mass on Sunday and spent some time at the mall looking for doll shoes. My problem however is that, I can't wear super flat shoes because it triggers my plantar fasciitis, something that I don't want to have again because, ouch ouch ouch! It was an unfruitful search so I just treated myself to beef stew and pecan pie for lunch at Almond Marina. I dropped by Watson's later for some toiletries. Oh, I also was able to buy Treseme conditioner for a 30% discount! From Php 399 to Php 289! Pwede naman palang ganon kababa, bakit ba nila tinaasan presyo nito. Ang ganda pa naman sana. I'm thinking of buying more hehehe. Anyway, went home after that and spent the rest of the day watching TV while checking things online.

Another story...while on our way to Shang, we passed by a couple on the road. The girl was foreigner, the guy looks Pinoy. It looks like they were about to part ways and the guy was being sweet but looks like the girl was not happy as she was searching for something in her bag. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling that the guy may just be using the girl. I seriously hope I am wrong though. 

Anyway, I hope you all had a great week. Cheers to another great week ahead.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home