Monday, May 16, 2016

2016 Week 20 Recap: Movie Marathon

May 9-15, 2016

Monday, May 9 was election day. I was planning to go early so that I can leave for Manila earlier, but well, hello sleep hehehe. It was almost closing time when I reached the precinct but at least there were no more lines. Done voting in less than 5 minutes. I double checked my receipt and it had all the names I shaded. I was relieved.  

I am also glad election is over. It is our responsibility as Filipinos to support the new administration, regardless if it was our candidate of choice who won or not. Again, it is our responsibility.

I proceeded to town after voting. I had an early dinner at Vizcos and then was able to ride a 7PM Victory Liner trip. No long lines this time, thank God. Arrived in Manila at around 1AM so at least there was still enough time to rest before the new work week.

Project MTM
I haven't gone back to graduate school yet since after my father died in 2015. Until now, I'm still contemplating whether to push through or not. Contemplating because, I think I would like to take a new path now. But while I haven't fully decided yet to stop, I met up with a classmate to copy her reviewers. We spent the whole morning discussing about her new venture and sometimes about our future plans. I wish her well. 

Unfortunately, it seems like the USB got corrupted huhuhu so I need to copy from her again. Bad thing though is that, my most recent financial files are there and I haven't backed those up in the laptop. Hay naku.

Weekend
I can't remember the last time I watched a movie. I think I wanted to watch a movie in February but was not able to do it. I also have 2 tickets I won last December during our team party. It did not have an expiration date but better to use it now just to be sure. And so, my friend and I did a movie marathon. Not 2 but 3 movies hehehe. In between the movies were spent eating and window shopping. We also availed of Dad's merienda buffet, the bill paid by my friend hehe. We also checked out some of the shops and tried some clothes. No buying. 

Speaking of buying, I want to buy a Samsonite luggage. Citibank has a 15% discount promo until May 31. However, I don't know anyone who owns a Citibank credit card. My previous applications were always denied. According to HR friends, it is because I work in a BPO. Huwell. Let's see about the luggage din.

Since it was a payday weekend, there were a lot of people at the mall. Daming pera mga tao hehehe. Sana lang nakapagtabi na muna sila for savings bago sila magwaldas. 

I hope you all had a great week. Cheers to another great week ahead.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous edelweiza said...

Going to graduate school is also something I ponder on. Dati pa nga gusto ko pumasok ng law school. Hay, ang hirap maging adult noh, daming decisions na dapat gawin, hehe! :)

5/23/2016 02:05:00 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Sinabi mo pa, Edel! Super dami hahaha. Minsan confusing din dahil sa dami ng gusto natin sa buhay. Re: graduate school, masaya rin naman bumalik sa school after a long time. Time consuming lang din talaga hehehe. Law school! Yan ang never kong pinangarap hahaha.

5/26/2016 08:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home