Sunday, March 06, 2016

2016 Week 10 Recap: Patience is a Virtue

February 29 - March 6, 2016

Work

I had challenges working with a new colleague that. It was a real test of my patience but I still tried to be patient given the circumstances. Lesson have been learned and I can pat my back for surpassing the test on patience. It was a test because I am not the most patient person there is hehehe. I am thankful for her presence because she's really teaching me to be patient and we are still moving forward with tasks anyway so no sweat.

I got so drained last Wednesday that I requested for work from home. I just honestly told my boss that I need some peace and quiet after the crazy Wednesday. I am again thankful that she granted my request.

We completed our second session on strategic planning and the team has a good and doable plan. I'm excited to introduce change in one of our documentations. That should speed up our work while ensuring that it is still understandable to both our clients and our developers. I'll pilot test it in my current project. Hopefully, the other boss wouldn't be too surprised of the new format hehehe. I'll convince him that change is good. Haha!

Living Quarters

Finally got a confirmation from SkyCable that my request for deactivation was filed. More details of how it finally happened here. Earliest disconnection will be March 12. I'm patiently waiting. I just want to say bye bye to one bill, regardless of the small amount hehehe.

I also got my dormant Metrobank account reactivated. I just need to request for reactiviation of my online account though. I'll do that next week. 

And finally, I was able to get my niece's first Confirmation of Participation for her BDO EIP. More details here. So happy and excited for her and hope she stays focused on her savings. 

Weekend

I planned on staying at home to do the laundry and update my blog's layout. So that's what I did. I spent the whole Saturday afternoon onwards searching for templates with minimalist theme. Unfortunately, I was not successful. I've downloaded everything that I liked and tried it all but not even one perfectly suited my current layout without me having to tweak it. So, I just resorted to what's available in Blogger for now. I'll try again some other time. Anyone who knows where I can get free templates other than what's on Blogger?

On Sunday, first on the agenda was to attend mass. Hay. Another test of faith and of being good while inside the church. I got annoyed because someone had the guts to take a selfie while the mass was ONGOING. While all of us already stood up, she was still sitting there for her selfie. It was so annoying but I just tried to focus on the mass itself (which was hard by the way, because she was in front of me hehe). And ironically, the gospel was the Prodigal Son, so that's about forgiveness and all. But anyway, moving on...

I went to Shang for some peaceful mall and lunch time before going to Megamall for my weekly grocery. Went home right after and cooked my weekly lunch. I work mid shift so to save money, I must ensure that I eat lunch at home so that I'll only spend for one meal outside.

Just finished watching The Intern. Good movie on girl power. I liked the ending. 

That's about it. Getting excited for the coming weekends because I have some things planned. And it's my and the BF's birthday month. I still can't believe that we share the same month and his comes a day after mine. Ha!

I hope you all had a great week. Cheers to another great week ahead. Goodnight for now. Trying to sleep early so that I can start training myself to become an early riser.

*Image from here*

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous edelweiza said...

Right, the gospel from last mass was about the prodigal son! Minsan, hirap pa rin ako intindihin/tanggapin yan kasi parang ang dali naman ng buhay para sa mga nagkakasala o yung pinipiling magpakasama kasi alam nila na andali rin sila papatawarin. But then, iba kasi si God sa ating mga tao, eh.

Mapanuod nga yang The Intern, like ko pa naman si Anne Hathaway.

How nice naman, you and your BF's birthday falls one day apart! Hehe. :)

3/08/2016 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Tama, mahirap ngang intindihin minsan but trust na lang kay Lord and being conscious of our words and actions.

Yup, one day apart lang. Minsan, biniro ko syang March 25 na rin kami ikasal para minsanang celebration na hahaha. Tipid pa.

3/09/2016 07:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home