Saturday, March 05, 2016

Metrobank: How to Reactivate a Dormant Account

I did not do any transactions with my Metrobank account for more than 2 years, so it became dormant. Let's just say that the account's purpose was de-prioritized, hence the lack of transactions. 

But this year, I'm using it again so I went to the bank last Thursday to deposit. Of course, the system did not accept my transaction and the teller advised me to go to the teller in charge of new accounts and have my account deactivated. Off I went, and she let me do the following:
  1. Filled out a form for reactivation and signature cards
  2. Requested for an ID. That time, I only brought my company ID. She was looking for a government ID but I told her I did not bring any. She checked with the manager if the company ID was ok. I'm glad they accepted it. 
  3. Asked me if I still know my PIN. Of course I forgot hehe. So she gave me two options: a) change card with a charge of Php 150.00 but I can get the card on the same day or b) change PIN but wait for 3 days. I chose the later since I can wait and I don't want to pay for Php 150.00
  4. Deposit any amount. This is required according to the teller.
Unfortunately, it looks like my online account was also deactivated. I already sent an email to their customer care but haven't received any replies yet. Will just check with my branch again once I claim my PIN.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home