Sunday, February 28, 2016

2016 Week 9 Recap: Last Farewell

February 22-28, 2016

Work
The week's highlight was that, we had our strategic planning at Discovery Suites last Friday, February 26, 2016. It was a challenge to wake up early in the morning since we are used to mid shift. While going to the venue, I was repeating my morning prayer where I asked the Lord to help us all actively participate in the planning session. I took 2 cups of coffee before the event started just to ensure that I don't fall asleep hahaha. Thankfully, it was a really productive day for all of us. An added bonus was that, I got to experience how it was to look for venue for these types of things and how hotels usually handle things. 

Holiday
The 30th EDSA anniversary was a non-working holiday. I planned on revamping my blog's template but ended office work too late on Wednesday that I just slept the whole morning. I went out in the afternoon to withdraw the budget for our strategic planning session the following day as it was just credited to my account late Wednesday but did not see the email until Thursday.

In the evening, my friend and I had dinner at Circles Event Cafe for her post birthday celebration. We availed of their promo which was a discounted rate of Php1,280 nett. It's still ongoing until February 29, 2016. Suffice to say that we enjoyed the food (we are very appreciative of any food hehehe) despite its limited selections as compared to other buffet restaurants. The ambiance more than made up for it.

Living Quarters
I got a new plant from my brother in Tagaytay. According to him, he got that from our father. It was one of his remembrance from him. I'll see if it can survive Manila heat.

Weekend
"And life goes on, which seems kind of strange
and cruel, when you're watching someone die."
My tita, cousin and brother arrived early morning of Saturday to attend my sister-in-law's mother's burial also scheduled on Saturday. After a short rest at my apartment, we traveled early to Tagaytay so that we can spend more time there and help out as needed.

Burial was in the afternoon. A mass was conducted before finally putting her in her resting place. It was also my first time to attend a non-Igorot burial and it was interesting to see the differences. I'll try to have a separate post about it.

After the burial, we went to the view deck at the Sta. Rosa-Aguinaldo Highway intersection to check out Taal Lake. It was my cousin's first time so we needed to bring her there. However, since it was already late afternoon, we needed to proceed to the pasalubong shop to buy some goodies before it closes. 

The original plan was to go back to Manila early evening of Saturday, but my brother requested us to spend a night and so we stayed for a night and left Tagaytay mid morning today and went straight to my apartment to get ready to go out again.

We went to SM MOA to have lunch, spend a few minutes by the seaside and check out the department store. We then went back to Shang for Chatime and groceries for dinner and then went home. Now that I wrote about it, looks like we spent more time travelling/commuting than staying at the mall hehe. They left almost 2 hours ago.

While it was a tiring weekend, I am glad to be able to spend it with some family members.

I hope you all had a great week. Cheers to another great week ahead. Goodnight for now.



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous edelweiza said...

My deepest condolences to you for the loss of a loved one. Medyo malungkot nga rin ako today nabalitaan ko kasi patay na raw si Direk Wenn Deramas. Hindi ko naman sya kaanu-ano pero ayun nga, nalungkot ako, siguro more on panghihinayang kasi bata pa sya at marami pa sya pwedeng gawin na funny movies na kinalakhan ko na.

On a diff. note, it's really fun to spend time with family. Yung tipong kahit wala naman kayong special na ginagawa, masaya pa rin. Iba talaga ang pamilya. :)

2/29/2016 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Thank you, Edel. Oo nga eh, nakakagulat din yung kay Direk Wenn. Sayang kasi ang bata pa nya. Sabi ko sa friend ko, paano na si Bimby hehehe. Madalas kasing sya ang direk sa movies nung bata.

At oo, iba talaga ang pamilya. Yung kuya ko kasi, sya pinakamalayo sa amin so madalas ako lang nakakabisita sa kanya kasi ako lang naman ang malapit. Kaya pag angrequest yun overnight sa kanila, kailangan pinagbibigyan haha.

3/07/2016 10:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home