Sunday, July 03, 2016

2016 Goals: Mid-Year Review

I almost forgot about this hehe.

Just like what most companies do where they have regular business reviews, I also like to have at least a mid-year and year-end review of the goals I made early this year, just to check how I am doing and ensure that I am still on track.

This year's focus will be: chill, family, health, wealth.

Statuses:
  • On track - met as of time of review
  • Not yet started - not yet started as of time of review
  • Quite - met but there were deviations
  • Not met - target not met 
  1. Chill
    • Mid: Quite - There were stressful moments but I just kept quiet and pushed myself to just do whatever it is that needs to be done.

  2. Buy less, want less
    • Mid: On track - All items bought were needed. 

  3. Stick with financial budget for 2016
  4. I made a new list specifically for my financial goals after posting my 2016 goals in January. I just feel that it's more effective and more inspiring for me if I track my financial goals separately.
    • Mid: Separate update here

  5. Get an additional income stream
    • Mid: Not yet started

  6. Spend more time with family  
    • Mid: Quite - Spent some time with some siblings last Feb, to support my brother and his family since he lost his mother-in-law. Had a picnic at Burnham Park on Easter Sunday for my birthday celebration with family. No event in Q2.

  7. Get down to my ideal weight
  8. I really need to get serious about my health. I want a long life.
    • Mid: Negative. Pfffft!

  9. Start training for a marathon
    • Mid: I am not sure about this anymore.

  10. Push with Japan Travel
    • Mid: On track. Return tickets bought, accommodations booked.

  11. Go back to school
  12. I had to stop when we lost our father in January 2015. I haven't been back since then. I would still want to complete the program. I only have 12 units left!
    • Mid: Still undecided

  13. Become an early riser
  14. Since I work mid-shift, tendency is to wake up later than usual. By rising earlier, I will have extra hours to work on other personal projects, like decluttering more, cross-stitching, or working for extra income. 
    • Mid: Quite - I have been forcing myself to sleep earlier in recent weeks so that I can wake up earlier. I try as much as I can to sleep by 12 AM, 1 AM at the most so that I can wake up at 7 AM, after 6-7 hours of sleep.

  15. Journal more
  16. I noticed that my memory is not as sharp as before already, hence this year and moving forward, I will write about all sorts of events, relevant or otherwise so that there is something to read back when I am much older. This is also the reason why I already have have the weekly recap in this blog.
    • Mid: On track. My total posts to date are already more than my total posts for the whole year at least for the past 5 years.
That's about it. I'll do a year-end review at the end of the year.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home