Wednesday, March 30, 2016

2016 Week 13 Recap: Holy Week Break

March 21-27, 2016 

I hope you all had a meaningful Holy Week. 

Work 

I had two days of work last week since I took the day off on March 23. We are struggling with debugging some reports because we have restricted access to the vendor’s server and we are highly dependent on our US counterpart. I feel helpless and frustrated until now especially every time I receive replies to my emails saying that they can’t quite get what I mean by so and so. Hay. But work is work and so we have to continue finding a way to work best even with a lot of restrictions. 

Birthday

I had a great birthday and I am thankful for another year. I was able to accomplish all that I’ve planned for that day. More details here

Holy Week Break

After a birthday dinner on Wednesday, I went home to my brother’s place because it was more accessible and safer especially at night. I also spent most of Thursday at my brother’s place. My sister-in-law’s cousin was generous enough and let us to use their car so my brother and his family accompanied me home. Thankful for that because it was easier to run errands (aka buy paint and groceries) and we were able to avoid the downtown traffic hehe. Thanks, kuya. Plus, my nephew had the chance to light candles for his lolo and lola. 

On Good Friday, my younger brother and I worked on the gates and railing. We painted it with primer just to control the rust. Just a temporary solution in the meantime that I’m still undecided what color use for the exterior of the house, plus of course the budget is still elusive hehehe.

As there was still daylight, I gathered the weeds that I removed from the backyard last December in one place. I'll wait for these to decompose and use it for my flower pots.

On Saturday, my tita, tito, brother + kid, cousin +kid visited three sick relatives, two of which are my mother’s brothers and the other one is my mother’s first cousin (our tita) whom she was close to when she was still alive. Two out of three were thinking maybe it was already their time to go hehehe. I suspected that of my uncle, since he’s now the same age when my mom died and he’s next to my mom by birth order. Hay gusto kong batukan mga matatanda. No, they should not be thinking of those things even if they go there eventually. Kanya-kanyang timeline naman yan. Besides, I am not yet ready to face another death in the family. Our tita looks older now as compared to the last time I saw her but still talkative. She said she’ll wait for my wedding and volunteered to walk me down the aisle since she’s not that optimistic anymore to do that for her own daughter because it looks like my cousin does not have the plans of tying the knot soon. Nakaka-pressure naman. Wala pa nga yun sa radar namin (or baka ako lang pala hehehe). Anyway, we’ll see. Pwede bang magfocus na lang po kayo sa pagpapagaling muna? 

After the visits, my tita, tito and I attended the Easter vigil mass. 

On Sunday, I requested the family to go on a picnic at Burnham. I invited my tita’s family and my cousins’ kids, whoever would like to come. I just want the kids to bond and play and just be kids. It is important for me that they grow up knowing each other so that when they grow old, I hope that they will also be each other’s support system. It’s also my birthday treat to them. Nothing fancy. Rice was cooked at home, and we just bought 2 viands from Good Taste (one of the famous and more affordable restaurants in Baguio), and ice cream. Panulak? Tubig lang hahaha. Tipid mode eh :p. 

It was bye Baguio in the evening and back in your arms, Manila at around 2 AM of March 28. 

I hope you all had a great week. Cheers to another great week ahead.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous edelweiza said...

How's the weather in Baguio? Maski ano pa ang pagsaluhan, simple or engrande man yan, pag pamilya ang kasama, iba ang sarap at saya, diba? A big family like yours means double the fun! :)

P.S. Sent you the ebook yesterday, hope you received it na. :)

3/30/2016 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi Edel! Medyo mainit na pero still much much better than Manila heat for sure hahaha! Di pa kami complete attendance sa lagay na yun hehehe.

Thanks sa ebook. Got it!

4/04/2016 09:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home