Wednesday, January 06, 2016

2016 Week 1 Recap: Holiday Break Part 3

December 22, 2015 - January 3, 2016

Part 1

Friend's Bridal Shower
Friends for life
We were back in Baguio the morning of the 29th. Just rested for a while and went out again for some errands and attend a friend's bridal shower. Her sister and cousins prepared a simple tea party for her. Very sweet of them. And she was surprised. Kudos to the organizers.

Our friendship spans 30 years, starting in Kinder. What a blessing to have friendships that long. The three of us grew up together because we were all classmates in elementary. I guess all the walking to and from school helped us form a bond of a lifetime. While we all lead different lives since high school and onwards, we did not fail to keep in touch and tried our best to meet up when all of us are in Baguio. Our other friend got married first in 2009, and now it's her turn. I am just happy for her that she's in this position now. Part of our conversations in the past were fears of growing old and not finding our partners in life. But now, she's about to embark on another journey, just as we are starting with the new year. Praying for a happy and strong married life for her and her partner, with God in the center of their relationship. 

Side story: we were all born in the same year but in different months and I'm the eldest among the three. When our other friend, who was our bunso, got married in 2009, I jokingly said she'll be next and as the eldest, I'll be the last to get married in the group. Now it's happening haha! 

Time out with all the social events
Show the yard some loving :)
I purposefully did not go out on December 30 so that I could tackle the pending task of weeding out the grasses in our backyard. I just want a clean looking backyard come year end. And while there are still spaces to clean, at least I was able to complete the area where the kids could play. 

On December 31, we went out for some groceries in the morning and immediately went home for the fear of having to wait longer for taxi cabs if we stayed longer in town. Baguio is now very crowded. It's hard to roam around freely especially on holidays.

We attended the New Year's Eve mass to cap 2015 and welcome 2016. Thanks to my uncle and auntie for staying with us, so there's transportation to use.  The priest's message was timely for me. He said that this new year, let us trust God's divine providence while we continue to strive harder to be better. 

Happy New Year!
2016 bonfire
For several years now, my mother's siblings usually gather at our place for New Year lunch. But now that Mama's gone, I did not have solid plans for the new year. However, during my cousin's wedding, an uncle asked if there will still be lunch at home, hence I said of course, we can still have one, with me now hosting. We'll see again next year. 

Break Almost Over
I was supposed to go back to Manila on the 2nd but the friend who's getting married texted that the entourage dresses were already available for fitting so I just decided to go back on the 3rd, after the fitting. Turns out, the dress has not yet been adjusted and I'd have to go back next week for the fitting. Oh well. No sweat. 

The bonus? I was able to have lunch with the BF. Sundays are one of his busiest days so I was just expecting a hi and goodbye kind of greeting but good thing he was available after the last morning mass. Bitin pero better than nothing.

I did not have ticket reservations so I was prepared to wait in line for ours so keri lang. Parang last year din lang. No sweat. But I really need to start exploring other options since Victory Liner is always full now. My friend's sister rode Joy Bus. Will try that this weekend.

Finally at 1 AM on the 4th, back in your arms, Manila.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home