Wednesday, January 06, 2016

2016 Week 1 Recap: Holiday Break Part 1

December 22, 2015 - January 3, 2016

I have posted here a summary of how my days during the holidays were like. It was tiring with all the travelling from North to further North to South then back to North again. I guess it was the busiest Christmas break I had, focusing on family related events. If there is one thing that dawned on me after losing both my parents, that is to make an effort to bond with your family (immediate and extended) because at the end of the day, especially in times of needs, it is your family who will most likely be your number 1 support group (at least in most cases).

Anyway, here are the highlights of 2015 Week 52 and 2016 Week 1.

Cousin's wedding last December 23, 2015
Chapel in Colong. Small but cozy.
She's my mom's niece and the wedding took place at my grandma's hometown, which was 2 hours bus/van from Baguio and at least an hour's hike to their home. We did not grow up together since we live apart but we know each one's existence hehehe. So when she invited me to her wedding, I saw it as an opportunity to reconnect with my grandmother (who outlived my mother btw), cousins and other relatives. Never mind that I will be using all of my remaining vacation leaves and will have no carry overs for this year. I'm happy that she has finally tied the knot with the man of her dreams.

From our family, 2 brothers, a niece, and I were present. A cousin also sent her kids (ages 12 and 8) as her representatives since she needs to attend to another event at her hubby's side of the family.




Spending a night at my auntie's place
Sea of clouds over the Benguet mountain ranges
Since it was tiring to go back to Baguio right after the wedding, we all agreed to just spend the night at my auntie's place. We were able to still attend the anticipated 9th day novena at their parish on the night of the 23rd.

In the morning, I was greeted with a sea of clouds over the mountains. It was a bit far but still visible. I always look forward to such scenery when in the mountains because I am reminded that life is still beautiful no matter what.



Part 2

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home