Wednesday, January 27, 2016

2016 Goals

Better late than never. I just realized that I should do this in the last quarter of each year, before Christmas holidays take over.

This year's focus will be: chill, family, health, wealth. 
  1. Chill
  2. The past 3 years has been the hardest in my adult life, losing both parents less than 2 years apart. I would say I have not been living since then, just surviving. This year, as a gift to myself, I will just be chill and not get too stressed in all areas in my life. Enough with the drama. I have been practicing since for weeks now, and so far, so good. I get stressed a little but I don't dwell on it much and just focus on what interventions I can do to address a current issue. I hope to keep this up.

  3. Buy less, want less
  4. I am not an impulsive shopper by nature but I think I have already accumulated too much over the years so this year, one of my goals is to just buy what I need. I won't be in a strict "no shopping ban" since I can easily walk out from a mall empty-handed if I know that I don't need anything at the moment. I just need to be more conscious of my purchases.

  5. Stick with financial budget for 2016
  6. Since I get a regular income, I already have a fixed budget. This year is almost similar to last year's, even with my financial goals, except for a new line item, which I call it Project BD at this time. I'll only be able to readjust after completion of all my payables. One is to be paid up by mid year but I still need to save for the processing of papers so that will be until end of this year still.

  7. Get an additional income stream
  8. I will start working on this, this year. 

  9. Spend more time with family
  10. Most of my nieces and nephews are still young so might as well take advantage of that while they still want to be with tita hahaha! We had 2 last year so I already have an idea how much to budget. The plan this year is to have quarterly picnics for all of us to bond. They are already expecting one on my birth month which is this Q1. 

  11. Get down to my ideal weight
  12. I really need to get serious about my health. I want a long life.

  13. Start training for a marathon
  14. I really want to do this. Target is 2017 so I must start training this year and so, I must really work on #5 so that it would be easier to run hehehe.

  15. Push with Japan Travel
  16. As of this time, it's still a go. This is the only travel I'm doing this year. My financial goals are still my top priority. Note to self: save up for all kinds of kitkat hahahaha! 

  17. Go back to school
  18. I had to stop when we lost our father in January 2015. I haven't been back since then. I would still want to complete the program. I only have 12 units left!

  19. Become an early riser
  20. Since I work mid-shift, tendency is to wake up later than usual. By rising earlier, I will have extra hours to work on other personal projects, like decluttering more, cross-stitching, or working for extra income. 

  21. Journal more
  22. I noticed that my memory is not as sharp as before already, hence this year and moving forward, I will write about all sorts of events, relevant or otherwise so that there is something to read back when I am much older. This is also the reason why I already have have the weekly recap in this blog.
That's about it. My monthly goals will then be in support of these goals. And, I'll do quarterly reviews to keep track.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous edelweiza said...

Good luck on all your goals, Mylene! Gusto ko rin makapunta ng Japan. Push mo yang travel na yan, I will surely read all your posts about your adventures there! :)

1/29/2016 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Thanks, Ms. Edel. I'll surely write about Japan bilang sya lang ang travel ko this year hehehe.

2/02/2016 12:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home