Friday, January 28, 2011

Hello Binondo

Part of my plans for 2011 is to explore other areas in Metro Manila.

So last weekend, a friend and I went to Binondo for some exploration. Here's how we got there.
  • Took the MRT from Shaw to Taft
  • Rode LRT 1 and alighted at Carriedo station
  • Took the exit on the Baclaran-bound side
  • Walked towards D.Jose station and turned left on the first street
  • Looked for Onpin St. and our walk started there
Across Ongpin St. is the Sta. Cruz church. There are also a lot of jewelry shops that sell real (I hope) gold accessories. I want some! I'll have a pair of earings as birthday gift to myself hihi. We just walked along Ongpin St. looking for someplace to eat. It was raining so we didn't do much exploration. We found a place to eat near the San Lorenzo Ruiz church. I forgot the name of the place hehe but it looks like it's owned by Eng Bee Tin as well. We just ordered pancit bihon and pork siomai and soya milk. I liked teir pancit. Flavorful. We also bought some goodies at Eng Bee Tin after.

We just walked where others were walking. our goal was to go back to Carriedo using a different route. We were surprised when we reached Recto Ave. hahaha. We had to ask for directions several times. It was a lonhg walk, scary in some parts even but we were back in Carriedo in one piece. Why in Carriedo? Why not just D. Jose or Recto? Because I wanted to buy accessories there hihi. Lucky for us, there were two shops still opened since that was around 7PM already. So there, I was able to buy a few items. Now, I want an accessories stand! :p

Where to next? Baclaran maybe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home