Thursday, March 07, 2013

MTM Program: The Examination

As mentioned in my previous post, I'm trying to apply for UP Diliman's Master in Technology (MTM) Program.

The qualifying exam was last February 24, 2013 from 1:00 PM-5:00 PM, still at the ASTI Bldg. Let me just say this---errrr, whatever happened to my measly Math skills?! It was the only exam type that I was not able to answer all hmp!  And I even spent some time to review some very elementary lessons. I even missed lunch since the review took longer than I thought. Oh well.

The exam is composed of the usual – abstract, logical reasoning, quantitative, reading comprehension and of course essay. All are with time limits. 

We were only asked to bring our permit (issued out when I submitted my application documents) and 1 or 2 #1 pencils. Err...I still don't know until now the difference between the numbers in those pencils hehe. Well, the proctor did not check if we were using #1 or #2 so I'm not sure if this is still strictly implemented. You might also want to bring your own sharpeners :p.

When I got to the examination room, 2 realizations:
  1. I’m living a pampered (office) life. Nice workstation with own phone, swivel cushioned chair, own pedestal, very cold air-conditioning system which people sometimes complain about, tissue in the restroom, and the rest goes on.
  2. Most of our government facilities are really not in tiptop shape. Sad but true. Monoblock chairs that make a screeching sound in the littlest movement, not so cold aircon, small classroom space…I fervently wish that one day, it will be better for my future children.

Anyway, I’m glad the exam’s over now.  It’s time to move on with other things that were put on hold while anticipating for this. I’m still crossing my fingers for at least average results though. Ooopps, forgot to ask the release of the results so need to check on that hehe. Gosh, I hope they would break the news to me gently LOL!

Note to self: Learn how to commute going to ASTI Bldg. Mahal magtaxi.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home