Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Bacolod Day 2: The Ruins

I slept until late morning hehehe. Ok, it’s really almost a sin to be sleeping instead of going around the place but then, I preferred it that way since I did not have any decent sleep days prior. I ordered food for brunch, stayed a little longer in my room to read and watch TV and then went out by mid-afternoon.

My first stop was to visit The Ruins in Talisay City. This can be reached by public transportation but I decided to hire a taxi and asked him to wait for me while I toured the place. Anyway, I won’t be staying long. He charged me Php 500. He did not give me maximum number of hours but he dropped me off to my next destination after 2 hours of picking me up from the hotel. There might be cheaper ones but I was fine with the rate.

The Ruins showcases what is left of the Don Mariano Ledesma Lacson Ancestral Home. It was built for his Portugese wife and patterned after the Carnegie Hall in New York.

What’s amazing with the Ruins is that they have tourist guides who can take pictures of you. They know the exact spots where you’re supposed to pose to get a good shot of the ruins in your background. At the stairs, by the window, profile pics, jump shots, they have it. They even direct some of your poses hehehe. They know how to operate any camera (I suppose, as he was familiar with the settings of my camera without asking questions hehehe). This is the place where I had a lot of pictures. Wait, let me correct that. This is the ONLY place I had pictures I took wahahaha.

I think this can also be a place for reception. They also have a small coffee shop where you can take your snack after capturing the best picture of the place and yourself in it hehehe. The tour guides are really great IMO so give them generous tips ok? :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home