Saturday, November 15, 2014

Personal Finance: PSEi 8000: Push Mo Yan! - My Takeaways

As mentioned in my previous post, I was able to attend BPI's annual conference earlier today. I almost backed out but glad that I still attended. 

My takeaways:

  • The stock market is not a one time thing. If you really want to be a stock market investor, you should invest time and effort to learn and practice it until it becomes a part of your system.
  • Different strokes for different folks. Each of the speakers have different stock market strategies. There is no one strategy that works for everyone. It took them time and effort to build their own strategies until they got the right mix for it.
  • A newbie investor may be overwhelmed to listen to all of them all at the same time because of the different points of view. So again, it all boils down to investing time and effort to learn the stock market if you want to go this route.
  • I realized that I am more excited with stock trading. I should devote more time in studying that and find a way to try it.
  • Like in everything else, planning is crucial. You have to have an entry and exit strategies, and what's next after exiting in one or more stocks.
  • There are a lot of people who are willing to share their knowledge for free. Learn from them. But don't depend on them to make decisions for you. They won't and you shouldn't ask them to decide for you in the first place, so do your homework. Sabi nga nila lagi, aral muna bago invest. 
  • I wish they have sessions like this several times a year. From what I know, this is just an annual event. It's worth what I paid for.
  • Money is not everything but money is a tool that would empower you to do the things that are important to you. So to have such resources, it is important to know how to make money work for you.
Cheers to everyone who are taking the time to learn about personal finance, especially to the newbies like me :). May we all find that strategy that is best suited with our lifestyle and personal advocacies.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home