Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nuninuninu

I’m a little pissed off with a colleague right now. But my team is more pissed off I suppose. We’ve been trying to call him since 12:00 AM but he was not answering our calls. After 2 hours of trying to no avail, I called his boss :p. Matagal pa yang lagay na yan bago ako mag-escalate ha. I just asked him to help us contact the guy. After a few minutes, the boss sent an SMS that he too could not contact him and just asked for the details of our request. No, I did not tell the boss that his subordinate missed a step in the redeployment that’s why we were having problems with the generation. I was not yet pissed off at that time.


While waiting for the boss to send us an update, we continued to contact the guy. After 10 years, he finally answered but unfortunately, he was not his calm self (according to the team, he has been like that all throughout our deployment). At first I let the team deal with him but he was really irritated based on his tone. Just a few minutes into the call, I heard raised voices so I just took over. Of course he did not calm down so I just used my most serious, medyo mataray voice to deal with him. I was trying very hard to just focus on what needs to be done and not point out mistakes but he asked what happened so I told him frankly what he missed when we asked him to redeploy earlier and that we were able to correct it through another person’s help. We only got stuck because the other guy doesn’t know the password for the login credential that was used. It’s not my nature to point out things but he asked for it so that’s what he gets . I’m not sure too if he was reprimanded by his boss hihi.


I do understand that we have been doing the deployment since Friday afternoon but then again, there’s work to be done, and the generation is scheduled on a Saturday and therefore he is expected to be there since he’s part of it.

Lesson learned: escalate right away.


Get even? Nah! He will have more of this come Q2 bwahahaha.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ardee sean said...

Grrr... Nu bayun, ba't nauna ka na nagpost nito? Magpopost din ako nito.. kopyahin ko na lng..ahaha.. kaasar talaga.. sori, di ko na napigilan.. nagsyaat nga baoten ta manong mo.. jak mapigilan talaga.. cia mas madami pala ciang dapat tanggapin sa atin sa Q2? hahahhah.. joke

1/25/2009 04:19:00 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

@ardee: wahahaha. chill lang 'bro. :p. wag ka papa-affect sa ganon. oo sa Q2 uli, marami tayo ipapagawa sa kanya hehehe.

1/25/2009 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger ardee sean said...

chill lang bro, naalala ko tuloy si luis.. ang sagot sa kanya, "Anong chill-chill lang?"..

Grrr..taray ng lolo mo..pakawanen nak apo..

1/26/2009 11:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home