Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tipid Mode

I have been on tipid mode since last week because of several reasons.
  • For the completion of my first project as I really wanted to start with project 2 already.
  • While there’s still project 1, I’m planning to start saving up for project 2 already even if it’s just for a small amount per month.
  • Christmas is just around the corner and I have not completed my Christmas budget yet, plus there are additional people to give gifts to hehe.
  • We are going to HK next year and I really want to splurge on shopping when we get there. I learned that July is also their sale season so I want to get ready for that wahahaha.
  • I want to get an insurance and I want to start in January 2010. Since almost all of my salary, including my bonus and conversions come year end is budgeted for project 1, I have to cut cost on other things so that I’ll have budget for this. The monthly contribution is cheap, cheaper than my expense in a “splurge mode” gimik actually hehehe. So if I can spend on gimiks, I might as well spend some for my futre (or my beneficiary’s) as well. :)
  • I am working for almost a decade now but still not financially stable. I want to start working on investments already.
It’s a rather long list hehehe. Hay.

I have been vocal about this to some of my teammates. One is asking me to teach him wahahaha. I can’t at this point. I’m still not sure if I’ll be able to do it. BUT, I’m still trying hehehe.

So how was it so far? Great! Hehehe. I was able to save a few bucks to add to my Christmas budget. 100 bucks to go and I’m complete with the budget for gifts for others. It’s still hard though, especially now that it’s the season to spend and it’s hard to resist the malls hehehe.

The good thing about it is that, every cent (not just peso :p) counts now and before I spend on something, even on food, I really need to think about it first. So now, I’m avoiding all the fastfood chains. I did my grocery shopping for food last weekend and until now those are what I have been eating. And since I’m on tipid mode, I need to stick to what are only essential, therefore no junkfoods for me. Good for my wallet, good for my health as I’m really missing my bones. :p

Another good thing about this is that I went back to listing down my daily expenses, which I stopped doing months ago. It helps because through the list, I’m able to see whether I’m overspending, spending on unnecessary things or on the right track. :)

Wish me luck. I will make this happen in the most reasonable way of course.

*Pic from here.*

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home