Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sykes Paradiso

Sykes started invading Boardwalk, Subic last June 16, 2007 for its yearly Summer outing. Since we are already a big group (with almost 10, 000 employees in the Philippines), we had to go in 2 batches: First batch – SG&A (where our team is included) and Manila One; Second Batch – Manila Gold.

And so after so much anticipation and waiting, it was our turn last weekend. Our bus was scheduled to leave Manila at 9 AM and our meeting place is at KPT. The night before, I started preparing the things I’ll be bringing but not actually packing them. I had that set for the morning. But oh my! When I woke up, it was already 7:40! I had to rush packing my things, and getting ready to leave. Good thing, I was able to reach the office just in time. May mas late pa sa akin hehehe. Though I can easily arrange for a bus ride together with my friends, I opted to ride with my teammates. That will be bonding moments with them. So I was with my teammates until lunch. After that, I already joined my friends in our designated room. Too lazy to go out and explore the place, we just stayed in our room, watched TV and slept until dinnertime. How corny can that be? :p At around 7:30, we went to the Boardwalk for dinner and to catch up with the evening activities. Dinner was just ok. After dinner, it’s Parokya Ni Edgar’s time of performance. As always, they are very entertaining. I enjoyed every minute of their performance. Maka-masa talaga sila. And for the few times that they are performing in Sykes events, they are always promoting support for other local bands too! That’s so sweet of them!

After PNE, we were joined by hot and sexy Asia Agcaoili and handsome DJ Mo Twister. They served as the emcees for the night. There was a fashion show and some games, and of course dancing. We just watched a little of the fashion show and some games. By 10:30 PM, we went back to the hotel to watch PBB. :p Balik pa dapat kami after ng show pero nagkatamaran na so nood na lang uli then tulog na.

The following day, we woke up at around 9 AM so we had to get ready at the fastest possible time to catch up with breakfast. At 11 aM, we boarded the bus that left for Manila at 11:30 AM. Sa kamalasang palad, nag-overheat along NLEX ggrrr. So we had to get down for the bus to be fixed. Good thing though that another bus stopped by and some of us were able to transfer to the other bus. Unahan nga lang hehe. Takbo kami ni Anne, with Vine close by, diretso na sa loob, wala nang pakialam sa mga nag-uusap na bus drivers hehe. Bad thing that Emie and Dennis were not able to join us kasi ayaw na raw magpapasok ng conductor. Ano naman yun! May mga available seats pa naman ah! Hmp! We arrived in Manila at around 2:30 PM, just in time for Ocean’s 13 at Trinoma. Yun yun eh! Kaya atat makabalik hehe.

Anyway, this year’s outing arrangement is better than last year’s.

Yesterday and today, my teammates have been sending links to the outing’s pix and they had a lot of pictures and videos! At obvious na naglibot talaga sila! Nainggit ako haha! So next time na lalabas, gagala na talaga ako, of course with lots of Sony moments! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home